Limited Lubricant Warranty
Renewable Lubricants, Inc. (RLI) provides this limited warranty when using RLI lubricants (the “Product”). This limited warranty covers the Product and critical equipment parts directly lubricated by the Product. RLI warrants the Product to be free from defects and that the Product you purchased will protect your equipment critical parts from oil related failure as good as or better than the OEM recommended lubricant. RLI warrants that the Product meets the standards and specifications set forth on the Product, the packaging of the Product and the Product Technical Information Sheets. In the event that the Product fails to conform with this warranty RLI shall be responsible for the reasonable costs of repairs to equipment which are directly caused by such failure, provided the following steps are performed:
a. Written notice of such failure shall be provided to RLI within thirty (30) days of discovery of such failure or damages resulting therefrom. Notice to be sent to: Executive Vice President of Technology and CEO William Garmier, Renewable Lubricants Inc. PO Box 474, Hartville, Ohio, 44632, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. A sample of the used Product from the failed equipment is preserved and is provided to RLI as well as a sample of the unused Product, if the unused Product is available. RLI reserves the right to examine the failed parts.
c. The Product was used in accordance with the operating instructions of the manufacturer of the equipment or vehicle.
d. Documentation is available to show that the equipment has been maintained in a preventive maintenance program which meets the equipment manufacturer’s recommendations.
RLI is not responsible for any consequential or indirect damages. The foregoing limited warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, whether written, oral, or implied (including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose.
1. The liability of RLI shall be limited to:
a. Replacement of the defective lubricant.
b. The cost, including labor and materials, to repair, or at the option of RLI, to replace damaged components lubricated by the Product according to RLI recommendations.
2. IN NO CASE SHALL RLI BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF OTHER PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, COST OF CAPITAL, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LODGING, TOWING OR COST OF REPLACEMENT EQUIPMENT. THE LIABILITY OF RLI ARISING OUT OF THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, TECHNICAL DIRECTIONS, OR RECOMMENDATION OF ANY LUBRICANT – WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE – SHALL NOT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE PRODUCT(S) WERE USED. THE REMEDIES TO THE PURCHASER HEREIN ARE EXCLUSIVE.
3. Where the original warranty from the equipment manufacturer is still in effect, the customer shall file a warranty claim with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in accordance with the OEM warranty procedures. Warranty only applies to the Product for which RLI does not offer a separate or specific Warranty.
4. This limited warranty excludes:
a. The Product used in mechanically deficient equipment as a result of abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty; shipment or accident; improper maintenance; improper replacement of components; design defects; or, mechanical modification done without written authorization from the OEM.
b. Situations where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those stated by RLI’s technical data sheets without written approval from RLI.
c. The Products are used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by RLI or the OEM.
d. Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of RLI lubricants.
e. Repair or replacement of equipment due to normal wear.
f. The Product is used in racing, aircraft or aviation application without written approval of RLI.
g. The Product has been contaminated after leaving the RLI premises due to improper handling, storage or through equipment deficiencies, including improper filtration, in which the Product has been installed.
h. Failure of equipment when the Products are not used in strict accordance with either the written recommendations of RLI or the OEM for warranty coverage.
i. The Products, which have been packaged, regardless of container, by anyone other than RLI or an RLI authorized packager.
j. Any allegedly defective Product for which a reasonable sample has not been preserved.
RLI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. Failure of the customer to follow the written procedure herein.
2. RLI was not notified within 30 days from the date of failure.
3. Failure was the result of an OEM defect.
4. Parts inspected do not substantiate a claim or indicate failure.
5. Parts requested were not sent or are unavailable for inspection.
6. Claim information is insufficient.
7. Customer refused to cooperate with the investigation.
8. Oil sample was not provided as recommended by RLI.
9. Failure to follow all OEM maintenance recommendations for warranty coverage, including lubricants, maintenance and drain intervals, prior to the first installation of the Product.
10. Failure to keep, or provide necessary OEM maintenance records requested by RLI.
This warranty shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, and in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio in the United States of America.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us by phone (330) 877-9982 or Email, email@example.com
William W. Garmier
Executive Vice President of Technology and CEO
Written notice of such failure shall be provided to Renewable Lubricants Inc. within thirty (30) days of discovery of such failure or damages resulting therefrom. Notice should be sent to: Executive Vice President of Technology and CEO William Garmier, Renewable Lubricants Inc. PO Box 474, Hartville, Ohio, 44632, and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org